Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Shopping Fun

Whoever would have thought that I would use the word "shopping" and "fun" in the same sentence? "Shopping" and "torture", maybe.

But today I actually had fun shopping. One of my friends has fabulous fashion sense, and she came shopping with me. What a great help! We found a classic black pencil skirt and black fitted blazer at The Bay, dress pants at Laura, and four (yes, four!!!!) tops at Winners: three blouses and one tank. I don't think I've ever found something for myself at Winners before. I don't think I've ever tried on so many pieces in a single day before, either. I think I tried on over 40 tops just at Winners.

Dare I say it? I think I'm actually looking forward to shopping for shoes.

Oh! And for anybody who has ever wondered "How many times can I successfully apply for an HBC card (to save 10%) and then immediately cancel it?" the answer is, apparently, "At least three." Today, though, I wasn't approved completely automatically. The saleclerk had to make a phonecall to somebody to fnalize the approval. I thought I was busted!

1 comment:

Scotte said...

My comments on the outfits ranged from "That looks great!" to "Damn!"